Monday, March 8, 2010

Poll of the Week - 3.09.2010

The past few days have brought beautiful hints of spring, with clear blue skies and temperatures in the 50s. Spring doesn’t officially arrive for another two weeks, but it feels like time to throw off the shroud of winter and embrace the change of season!

Winter’s harsh weather shepherds in a craving for comfort foods - mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, hearty soups and stews - but this all gets old pretty quickly and those spring peas and asparagus are starting to look mighty tempting. Before you shift seasonal gears, though, take a quick look around your kitchen and at the menus of your favorite restaurants - today’s “Poll of the Week” asks what winter staple are you most excited to leave behind for the next nine months?

4 comments:

  1. i can't order delivery from my street anymore! i promise, once it stops being so cold outside, i'll go walk and get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took out the BBQ grill for the first time last night to celebrate the warmer weather, and it was awesome! I can't wait for the summer when you can just throw dinner on the grill and enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a disgusting human being. You know that Justin Timberlake song "Carry-out" where he's like "girl yo body's like a carry out"? Well, my body's like I've had too much carry out. Probably because all the cold weather makes me want to do is hoover crunchwrap supremes and hit the Cici's buffet like a hurricane. (My current record is 2 pizzas and counting.)

    I will be so much more jazzed about eating properly when I can eat spring/summer food. It makes me happy...like sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I can't wait for sweet Jersey corn, steak and shrimp on the grill. Beach volleyball and a cold beer anyone?

    ReplyDelete