Monday, May 31, 2010

Poll of the Week - 5.31.2010

Pasta is one of the most versatile foods out there. It’s the perfect cold weather comfort food, and is also one of the best ways to take advantage of summer’s wonderful produce. And not only are there dozens of pasta varieties, there are even more varieties of pasta sauce, and each kind of pasta is best complemented by a particular sauce. Angel hair, for example, is best with thin, delicate sauces, whereas pastas like fusilli and orecchiette are perfect with thick, chunky sauces.

With this week’s “Poll of the Week”, Little Scarlet wants to know what is your favorite kind of pasta sauce?

3 comments:

  1. Actually my favorite isn't there -- it would be either alfredo or carbonara sauce. Of course I'm picky about them since I started eating them when I lived in Roma. I really can't stand added ingredients like unnecessary veggies or meats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't beat fresh home grown tomatoes and basil!! A'la Frank!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for vodka sauce, but one of my favorites is a bolognese that uses wine, cream and a touch of tomato paste. I found it in the book "The Sharper Your Knife The Less You Cry".

    ReplyDelete